What does the Village Center have going for it?
- The Norton Public Library, municipal offices, Post Office, local businesses, and the Wheaton College campus are all within walking distance of Library Square.
- The Historic District preserves the character of the area and brings attention to many architectural treasures.
- Current regulations allow for different activities and uses that can enhance the village character and promote economic development.
- The senior center, high school, college, and commercial areas concentrate activity and provide the foundation for a local economic center.
What are the challenges of the Village Center?
- Library Square is a regional intersection of concern. It is difficult and unsafe to drive, walk or bike.
- Until now, stakeholders within the Village Center have not come together to talk about common issues and possibilities to improve the area.